Greenville/Hockessin Homes Report: For Sale and Sold April 10, 2015
Apr 10, 2015 09:09AM ● Published by Kevin
1101 Berkeley Road, Greenville. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
Gallery: Greenville/Hockessin Homes Report - April 10, 2015 [6 Images] Click any image to expand.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 5 Hearth Lane, Greenville ($1,500,000) - Another rare offering nestled behind the Historic Hagley Museum! This stone and frame contemporary is magnificently placed on 2 acres to take advantage of a private setting and lovely views. Built comfortably against the hillside, this 5 bedroom,4 bath home is open with high ceilings and huge windows throughout that bring in lots of light. You will also find a master on the first level. The winding private driveway brings you up to a court yard and a three car oversized garage. A large kitchen opens to a beautiful family room complete with wet bar and stone fireplace.The wonderful landscaping was artistically added by the sought after landscape architect Zachery Davis. Zach was able to blend the old original stone walls of the Dupont estate with new ones echoing the same timeless feeling. Location and location!!! 2 miles from downtown and a hop to I95 while still a Greenville address, this unique property is a must see!
2. 4 W. Mozart Drive, Greenville ($614,000) - Updated expanded cape style house in Greenville's Breidablik. The marble entry brilliantly sets the stage for a captivating house. The large living room has extensive moldings and a wood burning fireplace. It connects to the formal dining room with large windows that bring plenty of light. The eat-in kitchen is tiled with pearly soft dove grey 8 x 20 plank tiles. Complete with new stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, attractive toned backsplash and plenty of new cabinets. A large eating area, terrace access, a second front entry, a powder room, enclosed laundry, and access to the dual bay freshly painted garage are adjacent to this tastefully remodeled kitchen. A separate additional room and en suite bath are above the garage with its own entrance. The large expanded family room has an impressive raised hearth stone fireplace and a series of glass doors to an expansive terrace overlooking two acres. The main floor owner's quarters has a vaulted deep tray ceiling and a wall of glass with doors to a private terrace. There is a lavish 4 piece bath and walk in closet. A hall leads to a second full bath then 2 secondary bedrooms that round out the main floor. Upstairs are 2 large rooms with separate closets. The outsized room has a full bath and a wall of glass overlooking the distant tree line. This house has been painted throughout and newly carpeted where appropriate. Some roof, drywall, septic and other repair has been completed where needed. See attachment for PAS requirements and WFHM offer submittal information in MLS document section. Foreclosure, bank owned.
3. 1101 Berkeley Road, Greenville ($1,595,000) - Very special Tudor retreat located in highly desirable Westover Hills combines classic details and finishes from yesterday with modern day conveniences needed today! A gracious home that offers endless entertaining possibilities both inside and out! This elegant home has much to offer...7 bedrooms, 35 foot gathering room addition with 12 foot ceilings, wet bar and 2 walls of windows that overlook gorgeous inground pool, terrace and outdoor kitchen area! Three fireplaces on main floor located in living room, gathering room and sunroom. Large kitchen island easily seats four with access to butlers pantry, featuring large porcelain farm sink and wall of glass cabinets, and breakfast room with French doors to back terrace! Well appointed Master bedroom with built-ins includes large walk in closet with custom details galore and full bath with jacuzzi tub! Four additional bedrooms and 2 full baths on 2nd floor! Third floor is host to 2 bedrooms, full bath and walk in attic! Partially finished basement, includes additional wet bar, extra game room or gathering space and powder room. Outdoors features a terrace off gathering room, built in grill with granite counters, small fish pond with fountain......then walk out to the gorgeous pool with new pool tile, new brick coping, brick decking and pool house complete with sink, mini fridge and bath!
4. 512 Stenning Drive, Hockessin ($439,000) - Fantastic, updated 4 BR, 2.2BTH home in sought after Stenning Woods. Part of the award-winning North Star School feeder pattern, this home has been painstakingly maintained by its current owners. The home features an updated kitchen with granite counters, tile flooring, recessed lighting, custom tile backsplash, and updated appliances, including a built-in Kitchen Aide refrigerator. The kitchen opens to the family room with vaulted ceiling that boasts skylights, a stone fireplace, and Pella doors that lead to the bright, delightful four-season sunroom where you can take in the amazing views of the partially wooded and professionally manicured rear yard. A formal dining room is great for entertaining family and friends. The formal living room completes the main floor. Upstairs, the serene master suite includes an updated master bath with tile floor and a large walk-in closet. The updated center hall bath is shared by three generously-sized bedrooms. A partially finished basement awaits your finishing touches! The home's new custom, energy efficient windows have warranties that can be transferred to the new owner. With its perfect central location, this premier property is only minutes from Hockessin's shops and restaurants and a just a short jog to the Hockessin Athletic Club!
5. 2 Pimlico Court, Hockessin ($369,900) - The tucked-away Hockessin community of Quail Ridge is the setting for this delightfully comfortable home. Professionally landscaped, this generously upgraded and meticulously cared for retreat has wonderful curb appeal and finishing touches that would amaze the most discriminating buyer. Immediate features include a large and handsome foyer with tile flooring and an equally impressive living room accented by a box bay window. The floor plan really opens up as you enter the combined family room, dining room and kitchen. You will be captivated by the gorgeous custom kitchen and the amazing amount of open space available for entertaining the largest of gatherings! Not to be overlooked, the kitchen may actually have more cabinets than you could ever dream of filling. Are you up for the challenge? The first floor continues with a well-sized laundry room, discretely located powder room, and access to the two-car attached garage. The upper level includes an inviting owner's suite complete with luxurious upgraded bath featuring a stall shower with skylight above. A sizable loft and two additional bedrooms and a hall bath can accommodate a variety of needs. Finally, this great property boasts sliders that lead to the raised covered porch and to the paver patio and expansive yard beyond.
6. 612 Sunflower Circle, Hockessin ($464,200) - A six-year-old; two story colonial home placed in a cul-de-sac in Dennison Ridge, a renowned community in Hockessin, DE. The exterior of the house consists of bricks as these are automatic sensor lights back and front of the house. Premium kitchen with granite counter tops, gorgeous tile back splash, stainless appliances and 42" maple cabinets. Kitchen nook and electric fireplace in family room.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 1040 Old Lancaster Pike, Hockessin - $195,000
- 46 Pierson Drive, Hockessin - $394,900
- 1897 Brackenville Road, Hockessin - $578,000
- 711 Greenwood Road, Greenville - $615,000
- 17 Derbyshire Way, Greenville - $715,000
- 2 Devonshire Court, Greenville - $730,000