Greenville/Hockessin Homes Report: For Sale and Sold May 8, 2015
May 08, 2015 09:45AM
● Published by Kevin
201 Adams Dam Road, Greenville. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
Greenville & Hockessin Homes Report - May 8, 2015 [6 Images] - Click Any Image To Expand
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 201 Vernet Drive, Hockessin ($739,900) - Meticulously maintained and upgraded hillside contemporary Hockessin home with first floor master suite. Original owners have kept this beautiful home in fantastic condition. It still shows like a new construction home. Open floor plan with abundant windows allowing for stupendous natural light throughout. Double entry doors lead to raised foyer with formal powder room and coat closet. Step down into the formal living and dining rooms that flank the foyer. Architectural pillars graces the entrance to the family room with gorgeous granite wood burning fireplace with stained wood surround. Family room opens to the kitchen for a desirable great room effect. A bar with beverage fridge divides the two rooms perfectly. Well designed kitchen with granite counters, abundant cabinetry, tumbled stone backsplash with decorative accents, oversized island with seating, & breakfast room. Wall of glass at back of home overlooks rear yard and affords stunning views in all seasons. Sunroom is adjacent to breakfast room. First floor is complete with large laundry/mudroom, second powder room & master suite. Master suite features large bedroom with private deck, dressing area, oversized walk-in closet, and sumptuous full bath with corner soaking tub. Upstairs you will find study nook, home office with built-ins, and loft family room. Open stairway with atrium leads to the lower level with three bedrooms, two newly renovated full bathrooms, and recreation room. Generously sized recreation room is well appointed with kitchen & Billiard's area. Enjoy the views of the stunning 2.18 acre lot from the oversized deck that stretches along the back of the home. A magnificent home that is move in ready with tasteful, neutral decor.
2. 517 Wayland Drive, Hockessin ($399,900) - Exquisite 4/5 BR, 3 1/2 bath home in the fantastic Hockessin Zip Code on .96 acre of spectacular views out every sun drenched window. Treed yard with 2 levels of enormous living spaces and possible in-law suite. Pool table in rec room and storage space galore. New HW floors throughout. Extensive renovations over last two years on all systems right down to the door knobs and front door. Circular floor plan from the brick foyer to the formal Dr or LR w/glass see thru woodburning FP into comfortable FR with direct access to 3 Season Room with all new sliding glass doors & screens or directly connect into ceramic tiled kitchen with cherry cabinets and all new SS appliances including Jenn AIR Double Ovens and Dacor Hood. Ceramic tile leads right into connected laundry room with storage & SS W&D included: can access 3 Season Room & double side 2 car garage with new insulated doors and safety openers. An invisible fence for your family's best friend and yard swing for fun. Only 2 minutes to quaint Village of Hockessin with superb shopping & every service available you could imagine or 15 minute commute to down Wilmington. Contractor built this extremely energy efficient home for this family w/pride & we pass it on to your family, the same way, lovingly. *Oil tank in back yard has been abandoned in place & new tank installed by J&M Industries in the basement. Most screens are in the basement.
3. 201 Pine Knoll Circle, Hockessin ($599,000) - You will love this Quality 5 bedroom 3 full bath Custom Cape Cod, located in the elegant community of Autumn Hills. Features a first floor master bedroom, large dining room, spacious family room with a wood burning fireplace, 2 car plus garage, large deck over looking the rear yard (the deck flooring and rails have been replaced), bright cheery sun room, large cedar lined walk in closet, 3000 sf basement with lots of possibilities, duel zoned heating and air conditioning just replaced in February 2014, and security system . These homes are rarely available in the community. This meticulously maintained neutral home is waiting for your personal touches. HSA Home Warranty is included.
4. 201 Adams Dam Road, Greenville ($875,000) - Meticulously maintained 4 bedroom, 3 bath colonial located 2.77 scenic acres. This charming home offers a main floor bedroom with full bath and separate entrance, formal living and dining rooms, library, large kitchen with separate breakfast room. Spacious master bedroom with full bath, plus 3 additional bedrooms, hardwood floors, crown molding barn and pond.
5. 1 Westbrae Lane, Greenville ($1,150,000) - Custom stone and cedar contemporary on almost 2 acres with views of Hoopes Reservoir and bordering Valley Garden Park. The open foyer shows off a 2 story stone wall and a curved wooden staircase. Walk through the stone archway into the vaulted and airy great room, with its pegged pine floors, 2 story wall of glass, dining room, stone fireplace area, breakfast nook and renovated kitchen with brick archway. Great for entertaining. Wonderful nature and garden views throughout. Relax on the deck overlooking specimen plants and trees. Spacious main suite has a new huge walk-in shower and modern stand-alone tub, and large W/I closet. While the house has lots of privacy, sitting on a quiet cul-de-sac with few houses, you are just minutes to Greenville.
6. 2 Foxhill Lane, Greenville ($2,195,000) - Nestled on 4.71 acres in Greenville this charming Federal style home sits high on a hill with sweeping views of the property. This historic home, found on the Delaware register, has all the grandeur of a by-gone era. Featuring 6 bedrooms, 5 full baths, 2 powder rooms, 2 family rooms, a large eat in kitchen with fireplace and island, granite countertops, sub-zero refrigerator, Dacor five burner gas stove and slate flooring. Beautifully detailed millwork, front and back staircases, large spacious rooms for entertaining and hardwood floors are found throughout the home. The master suite has twelve foot ceilings, a sauna, sitting room with fireplace and a grand master bath with Jacuzzi tub, tiled shower, four closets and large palladium window. There are multi-level terraces to enjoy your beautiful surroundings, an in ground pool, springhouse with potting shed, six bay garage perfect for collectors and a stream. Owner is a licensed real estate agent.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 618 Lamplighter Way, Hockessin - $223,000
- 33 Kings Grant Road, Hockessin - $391,500
- 4906 Old Hill Road, Greenville - $487,500
- 3 Gale Lane, Greenville - $505,000
- 1208 Old Lancaster Pike, Hockessin - $540,000
- 705 Princeton Road, Greenville - $550,000