Yoga in the Vineyard
Aug 05, 2015 11:00AM
● Published by J. Chambless
Experience yoga at Penns Woods Winery and sample some of the wines, too.
On selected Fridays and Saturdays, you can practice gentle yoga in the beautiful surroundings of the Penns Woods Winery.The aging of wine is a noble process that can serve as a metaphor for healthy aging of a human being. The 60-minute gentle yoga classes are conducted by MERRYoga in the vineyard followed by a wine tasting and local foods. The experience will emphasize youth, not as skin and muscle tone, but the vibrancy of spirit when balance is practiced. Each class is $35 and includes:
- 60 minute yoga class beginning at 11 a.m.
- Wine tasting of five wines with farmer plate, including a selection of fresh and local veggies, cheeses, and crackers
- A Penns Woods Winery souvenir wine glass.
- 10 percent off all wine purchases after your class. Beginners are encouraged to join. Wear comfortable clothing, dress for the weather, and bring your yoga mat.
Classes are scheduled Aug. 23, Sept. 6 and 20, and Oct. 11. For more information, call 610-459-0808. The winery is at 124 Beaver Valley Road, Chadds Ford.